Post Winter Storm Report - Apr 19

The snow started about 11am on Apr 19 and intensified as the day progressed. The afternoon brought many bolts of lightning and claps of thunder. By the time I was able to leave Holland, WI my car was covered in about six inches of fresh heavy wet snow. The drive back to Oshkosh was long and tedious as roads were snow covered. Winds were whipping as well enhancing the low visibilities. I was able to snap a few photos in Holland and get a measurement once I got home. At the time of observation the wind was gusting considerably and the snow was winding down. A radar loop and a webcam time lapse can be found by clicking the links. A few photos of the storm are located here.

Precip: 1.23"
Snow: 6.4"
Snowdepth: 6"

(Apr 19, 2011 - 6.4" - 9:53pm)


(Apr 19, 2011 - Rain Gauge)


(Apr 19, 2001 - Weight Of Snow)


(Apr 19, 2011 - Holland, WI - 1pm)


(Apr 19, 2011 - Holland, WI - 7pm)


----

April Snow Stats
I quickly gathered the all-time greatest snowfalls in Oshkosh for the month of April. Seems this snowfall at OSNW3 breaks into the top ten and comes in at 7th all-time. A historical snowfall for April. This calls for a celebration!

(Top Ten Oshkosh April Snowfalls)

*** Officially in Oshkosh at the WWTP 4.6" of snowfall was recorded for the storm. That amount of snow keeps Oshkosh officially out of the top ten.

Comments

  1. Oh wow you got this latest snow bad, Will Winter ever end? Your snow is spinning back around and bringing us another around here in Western Wisconsin. The ground is alright whitened again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice job...really enjoy the blog. We are just starting to see the snow this morning here in Montreal, Canada.

    Steve
    www.valleyweather.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know your loving this Josh :) What a winter/early spring for your area. Enjoy the snow while it's around.

    ReplyDelete
  4. D, yes, we got hammered yesterday. It was awesome.

    Steve, thanks for stopping by! I will be checking to see what's going down over by you.

    Tim, you know it. I am starting to get anxious for golf season... :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tornadoes and snow in the same month...sounds like Missouri weather, OSNW3!

    I love the time lapse on your yard. It seems to me that your neighbor's tree lost a limb or two around 7-8 pm. It's fun to watch the limbs take on the weight of that incredibly heavy snow! What a fun day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. WxWatcher! I know right? Great eye spotting the limbs breaking off Dick's tree! My in-laws are coming up tomorrow for a week... hehe. At least it'll warm up near 60 for them early next week. A far cry from the warmth your/their area has seen lately. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. sheesh..60, that's jacket weather!! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Josh,

    Hope you had a nice Easter. From the looks of your 'backyard' you might want to consider putting in a rice paddy this year; I know I am! I got 1.37inches of rain over night. Pretty wet and cool around here this spring. It's warming up a bit today though. I'll be in touch.

    Cordially,
    Tony (Pl. Prairie)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment