The White Hurricane of 1913

I was gifted a book this Christmas.

White Hurricane: A Great Lakes November Gale and America's Deadliest Maritime Disaster by David G. Brown.



Until this book was in my possession I had not known about this storm. After reading the first couple pages I decided to do a bit of research on my own before reading more. I grabbed the Oshkosh data for this time period, the Archived Daily Weather Maps and a handful of links with published material on the storm. I am anticipating this book being a great read.

(Oshkosh November 1913 Climatology)


---

(November 7, 1913)

(November 8, 1913)

(November 9, 1913)

(November 10, 1913)

(November 11, 1913)


---

Links

*The “White Hurricane” Storm of November 1913 - A Numerical Model Retrospective (my favorite)

*"HELL HATH' NO FURY LIKE A GREAT LAKES FALL STORM" - William R. Deedler
*The White Hurricane of 1913 - Google Images
*Frozen Fury: The 1913 White Hurricane - Lake Superior Magazine
*Remembering the November 1913 “White Hurricane” - WRN
*The Great Lakes “White Hurricane” of 1913 - ST. Joseph Historical Society
*The Big Storm of 1913 - Wisconsin Marine Historical Society

If there are any questions, comments, or suggestions on the material presented please let me know. Thanks for reading!

Comments