Public Information Statement - Historical Droughts

*Update
They made it Top News of the Day. Click here for the official link.

The National Weather Service Green Bay climate team has created 3 messages on the current and past drought for our area. These Public Information Statements can be found on their web site near the top of page along side of the Top News of the Day, Recently Issued: Public Information. Message 1 has the information on the current drought and messages 2 and 3 go back in time.

I've put the three messages together for convenience. If desired, bypass the NWS site and click here. Pretty awesome stuff.

Comments

  1. Incredible! Thank you Josh for posting this, I was aware of the ongoing drought in Northern/Northeast Wisconsin, but I had no idea that it was this bad!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tim, my pleasure. The drought down here isn't as noticeable and the dataset astounded me as well. Going on seven years up north with 80% of average, that is certainly dry and when you see the numbers of what they're lacking the drought is put into better perspective.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Interesting stats. Sounds like some locations here in the west and northwest. I don't have data at my fingertips though I would suggest that we look something like what you provided via the NWS.

    Also, your blog look has changed and it is very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bob, the recent rains upnorth may have given some tiny relief. I am glad you like the look. I hope they have a seasonal scape so I can edit with the seasons.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment