May 3, 2009

May Flowers

I was in Minneapolis for the week so my wife held down the obs in my absence. She provided great assistance with flawless technique. What I conclude from the observation data and the daily OSNW3 webcam movie is, it was much drier and sunnier than the previous week. While out in MPLS I noticed most, if not all, of the trees had leafed out already. It was a surprise to me, for when I left Oshkosh, less then 50% of the trees were even budding. As this weekend comes to a close here in Oshkosh most, if not all, the trees are budding with a handful of them leafed out. Allergy season is underway!
(OSNW3 May Observations)

(Temp Comparison 2008 / 2009 | May 1 - 3)
Max temp: 59.3 / 62.2 / +2.9
Min temp: 42.4 / 45.9 / +3.5



(May 2009 Precipitation | May 1 - 3)
2009 Monthly Total
Precip.. 0.14"
Snow.... 0.0"
Oshkosh Average
Precip.. 2.96"
Snow.... T"
Departure
Precip.. -2.82"
Snow.... -T"



----

OSNW3 - 2009 April Summary
I'm enjoying the monthly climate summaries the bloggers of the "weather blogs I read" have been putting out. In honor of them all (listed below), I took the time to do something of the same.

(Temperatures - w/ 2008 comparison)


(Mean Temperatures - 2007, 2008, 2009)


(Precipitation)


(Days with Sun)



No Monthly Extremes were overtaken this April. For more daily climate information about April at OSNW3, click here.

The Other April Climate Summaries...
CoCoRaHS Station MO-CW-1 (Fulton, MO)
WX Ranger NW (Lincoln County, WA)
Tim's Weather Blog (Duluth, MN)

----

Webcam Green-up
All this "green-up" talk got me wondering. How does it look through the OSNW3 webcam? Starting on Apr 11, 2009 it's evident some greening took place.

(High Noon, Apr 11 - May 3)

(Click for larger image)

----

Travels West
As I drove to Minneapolis on Apr 27, I snapped a shot of Rib Mountain. Still snow on the slopes as I drove back on May 1, but noticeably less.

(Rib Mountain, Wausau, WI - Apr 27, 2009)


----

Front Of House
The Magnolia Bush is flowering...

(FOH - May 3, 2009)