Snowstorm - Dec 19, 2008

Another Winter Storm Warning was all up ons. As the storm moved through I documented it's progress over OSNW3. During the early morning of Dec 19, a snow less hole opened up in the storm directly over Oshkosh, which I believe kept my totals on the lower side.
(radar loop/daily movie)

----
Measurements (4)
----

Dec 19, 2008 @ 4:05am
Moderate to heavy snowfall with gusty winds and blowing snow.

1.1" - New Snow
1.1" - Total Storm Snow
Current Snow Depth - 7"





----

Dec 19, 2008 @ 7:10am
Light snowfall with gusty winds and blowing snow.

0.8" - New Snow
1.9" - Total Storm Snow
Current Snow Depth - 7" (6,7,7,9)





----

Dec 19, 2008 @ 9:14am
Light to moderate snowfall with light winds.

1.4" - New Snow
3.3" - Total Storm Snow
Current Snow Depth - 9" (8,9,9,11)





----

Dec 19, 2008 @ 11:16am
Breezy, light blowing snow, sunshine filtering through.

0.6" - New Snow
3.9" - Total Storm Snow
Current Snow Depth - 10" (9,9,10,11)





----

Secondary Snowboard
I put out a secondary "unofficial" snowboard to capture another set of snowfall data. With the wind and blowing snow I wanted to verify what was taking place between the garages over at OSNW3 was happening elsewhere on the property. Four measurements were taken after the storm from the secondary snowboard (4.4, 4.4, 3.8, 3.2) for an average of 3.95". My official report to the NWS and CoCoRaHS was 3.9" total for the storm (individual observations above). I believe some sort of verification was achieved...

(Secondary Snowboard - Dec 19, 2008)

Comments

  1. We got over 8 here, more coming Sunday, a white Christmas no doubt:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow you did a great job keeping your nice report up I will be reporting at my blog in the same place as always keep seeing my blog for updates! you guys must have a good 6+ inches on the ground!

    ReplyDelete
  3. No doubt, bookbabie. Currently we're getting some LES off of Michigan. I love it, no matter how light, as the winds rarely blow this way.

    D, thanks man. Our current snowdepth as of 7:20am on Dec 20, 2008 is 10". I'll be keeping up with your blog and how the storm is affecting you over there!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment