Dryer Conditions

During the early morning of August 4th, a thunderstorm rolled through Oshkosh bringing with it the most cloud to ground lighting I've ever witnessed. The thunder was loud and deep. We received a bountiful amount of precipitation as the overnight storm dropped 1.35" bringing the 24 hour total to 1.54". Since then, a 13 day duration, we've received just 0.04". As of August 17th we have received 43% of our monthly average (1.82" of 4.15").

---

Temperatures were below average this past week for the most part, and it was a wonderful break from the heat and humidity of the week preceding it. The average max temp this August is averaging 4.1° lower then last August. No 90's yet and I am keeping my fingers crossed that we do not experience a day that reaches 90+.

(OSNW3 Observations | Aug 4 - Aug 17, 2008)


Comments

  1. If this thing comes my way... and stalls, I am going to be putting my CoCoRaHS gauge to the test.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your Fay loop is awesome! It's especially cool to see where it was impacting me the worst. I can see where my gauge truly was put to the test. I would love to see Ivan. Ivan had one of my favorite paths...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment